28.7.16

Is MSM Powder good for Treating Hair Loss?


I've heard a lot of good things about MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) and the positive effects it can have on hair growth, so, I decided to try a pure powder format for myself, just to see if any changes occurred in the pattern of my hair growth.

Here's a quick breakdown of what MSM actually is: Methylsulfonylmethane is an organic sulphur compound that occurs naturally in some plants and foods. It is sold as a dietary supplement, and is commonly used to treat a variety of ailments. MSM has been found to be beneficial in treating osteoarthritis, and it is thought to possibly be helpful in treating other conditions including allergies, snoring, asthma, and back pain-although these uses need more clinical research to substantiate MSM's effectiveness. Most recently, MSM has become a popular supplement for promoting fast, healthy hair growth.


So, I decided to purchase MSM Powder by MyProtein, and took 1g every day for four weeks. It should be noted that I already take MSM orally through HR23+ hair health supplement that I use, so it will be hard to identify the exact results of the powder. 

What I like about MSM is the fact it acts as a flexible bond between proteins for your hair, skin and joints. This multi-purpose formula is a must try if you are looking to get the very best out of your hair and skin. Some men even swear it helps grow facial hair, but there have been no scientific studies to back this claim. 

After four weeks of taking MSM powder, I have not noticed any difference in my facial hair, but being very sporty, the powder certainly seems to have decreased some of the pains I usually experience in my joints. My hair hasn't changed dramatically, but I didn't really expect it to. I would probably get a clearer understanding of how effective MSM is for my hair if I wasn't already using HR23+, of which has stabilised my hair. I guess it's hard to know for sure how effective any products I take in the future are, as long as I am still using treatments that seem to have worked for me already. 

All in all, I would still recommend adding MSM to your diet if you haven't already done so. The benefits, not only for your hair, are pretty decent, and what's more, this stuff only cost me £5.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment