7.2.17

How to Deal with a Receding Hairline


I think there's only one thing that is worse that a receding hairline - and that's a thinning crown! But still, both a bad enough, and if there's a way to tackle both patterns of hair loss, then I'll take it!

My hairline started receding when I was in my mid-twenties, and now well into my thirties, I seem to have halted the pattern, somewhat. Through a carefully tried and tested hair care routine, I have noticed much less hair fall and far better hair growth - and when I say 'better', I mean stronger, faster and healthier growth. 

If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you'll have a pretty good understanding of what products and treatments I currently use for my hair loss problem. Now, I am not suggesting that my hair care routine could be just as beneficial for someone else as it has been for me, but what I am saying is that a receding hairline does not have to be the be all and end all - it really isn't the end of the world! 

How to deal with the receding? 

You'll notice that many famous faces such as David Beckham and Ryan Reynolds have slightly receded hairlines,and that is absolutely normal for many men - it doesn't mean you are going bald. The vast majority of men experience slight receding of the hairline as they approach their thirties, and this should not be mistaken for male pattern baldness. 

A maturing hairline is most likely the reason for the slight receding at the temples, usually up to an inch or two back. But fear not, gents, providing you do something about it early on, you shouldn't really recede much more until you reach your forties or fifties. I think that, well certainly with me, most men just want to have as much hair as possible in their thirties than any other decade. Most men worry more about losing their hair before they hit forty, and I can completely relate to that. 

Naturally, we want to hold onto our hair during the period in our life when we are likely to find a girl, settle down, have kids, etc. and by the time we reach our forties, having a full head of hair doesn't seem as important to so many of us.

Some handy tips for a receding hairline:
  • Style your hair strategically
  • Take hair vitamins
  • Use Biotin shampoo (liquid)
  • Try Saw Palmetto (supplement)
  • Worry less
  • Avoid thick and gunky hair styling wax


1 comment:

  1. As I read your article your comment about Ryan Reynolds and David Beckham reminded me of a theory on the cause of pattern baldness. It purports to explain why some men keep all there hair and why some men will only slightly recede at the temples or crown. While others still lose almost all their hair in the classic horse shoe. Essentially it comes down to skull expansion. Yesh, it's a little wacky - but definitely worth a read. I took a look at the theory on www.hairtodaytheretomorrow.com or google Paul Taylor Skull Expansion if you're interested in ore detail. Thanks for the article.

    ReplyDelete