18.7.18

Hair Growth Supplements Ranked from Worst to Best


What is the best hair growth supplement? 


I've been trying out dozens of treatments for my hair for about ten years, and I must admit, there seems to be four or five times more hair supplements on the market than there used to be. 

Multi-vitamin hair supplements are becoming increasingly popular with men and women who are trying to battle the devastating effects of losing their hair.  According to research, these types of products are now the leader within the hair loss industry. 

Why are hair supplements so popular? 


There are a number of reasons why supplements are such a ppular form of treatment for hair loss, and here's the main three:
  • Supplements are generally safe and free from nasty side-effects.
  • Supplements are easy to purchase and non-prescription.  
  • Supplements are proving to be the most effective treatment.
I've tried a lot of treatments over the years, from serums, shampoos and topical lotions, to pills and even derma-rolling devices. I'll be honest, some treatments worked better than others, but the products that have worked best for my hair always tend to be supplements. 

What's the best supplement I have tried for my hair? 


Ok, so looking back, I think I have tried around a dozen hair supplements during an eight year period. Here, I am going to rank ten of the supplements that I tried, from worst to best. 

Bear in mind, this list is from my experience only, and results do vary with each individual. What works for me might not necessarily work for you, so keep that in mind. 

I have ranked each supplement based on its effects on my hair, over a minimum period of three months (the recommended timescale).

10.  TRX2 Molecular Hair Food Supplement



Of all the supplements I have tried, I cannot remember being more excited to try one as much as I was when I discovered TRX2.  I remember seeing it advertised in an in-flight magazine, and it did look very promising, so I wanted to see for myself just how effective it could be.

That made the experience of TRX2 that much more disappointing, and after nine months of taking these pills continuously, I did not notice any positive changes in my hair.  My strands were still falling out, and I did not see any new hair growth whatsoever.  TRX2 supplement was a complete waste of time, and I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it at all.

I would be interested to know if any of you have experienced good results from using this product.  If so then let me know in the comments section below. 


9.  Har Vokse Hair Growth Supplement



I can't remember exactly when I tried the Har Vokse supplement, but it was at least a few years ago. I remember taking it after my terrible experience with TRX2, in the hope something different might actually work. 

I used Har Vokse for about three months, if I remember correctly.  I wouldn't say it's a bad supplement, as such, but it wasn't the best I've tried, that's for sure.  I did not notice any significant improvements in my hair during the 12 week usage period, but saying that, it should also be noted that I did not notice anything negative. 

I didn't hold out a lot of hope for this supplement anyway, so I wasn't too disappointed by the lack of results. 


8.  Nutrafol Men



I remember trying Nutrafol Men for a period of three months, and I was not impressed with it at all.  This is by far the most expensive hair supplement I ever tried, setting me back around £80 per bottle, which only lasts four weeks! 

Is Nutrafol Men the worst supplement in the world? Absolutely not. But is it worth £80 a bottle? No way! 

Yes, the additives are good, I'll give it that, and it's not a bad hair supplement at all.  I would be willing to bet it probably does have some effects on users, but just not for me. 

Because of its high price, I remember I stopped taking all other treatments in order to give this supplement a fair trial.  If I am honest, aside from perhaps making my hair look slightly thicker, Nutrafol did little else to convince me of its worth. 


7.  Priorin Anti-Hair Loss Capsules



Like with most treatments I try, I like to give it a minimum trial period of three months.  I think that's a fair amount of time to try something to see if it works.  I didn't see much improvement in my hair during that period of time, which left me disappointed, like with so many other treatments I'd tried.

Priorin does contain some decent ingredients like Millet Extract,

L-cystine, and Biotin, which makes it a pretty good blend, but it didn't seem to have any significant effects on my hair. 

I wouldn't say this is a bad supplement, but it was not that effective for me personally.  Perhaps I should have given it a couple more months to see if there would have been improvements in my hair. 

6.  Foligain Hair Loss Supplement


Foligain is marketed as a supplement that blocks DHT and promotes hair growth.  I would definitely say that's far-fetched! 

Firstly, there is no supplement that can block the formation of DHT.  The only pill that comes close to blocking DHT is Finasteride, which is a medically approved prescription drug.

However, I did decide to try Foligain and I wasn't too disappointed with the results.  It's got some really good ingredients in it, but if you strip it down to its core, it's just another generic hair supplement.  You can find these sorts of £30 supplements all over the market - they're nothing revolutionary, but they can help with hair loss, even if to a minimal extent. 



5.  HairXcel Hair Growth Support


Much like Foligain, HarXcel is another one of those supplements that you can find pretty much anywhere. But just because these supplements are similar, that does not mean they are bad. In fact, they're pretty good.

HairXcel actually impressed me quite a lot during the three month trial.  The rate of hair fall had slowed down, and my hair did feel thicker and fuller.  The combination of saw palmetto and biotin has always been a key factor for me, and using this supplement made me realise just how effective that blend could be for my hair. 

I'd rate this product highly on performance, but even higher on its price - at just £30 per bottle, which is very cheap in comparison with some other multi-vitamin hair supplements on the market.  The only problem is, I don't think you can purchase this product any more.  I could be wrong, but I think it ended its line. 

4.  Procerin Herbal Supplement for Men


I have fond memories of Procerin.  I started taking it when my hair was going through a severe shedding phase, and I am pretty sure Procerin helped slow down the rate of hair fall at the time.

Procerin is what I call a 'hot and cold product'.  It had excellent benefits for my hair, but it underperformed in certain areas too. 

Procerin helped me slow down the rate hair loss dramatically, but I did not see any new hair growing in that time.  Also, I noticed great results in the first two to three months of taking Procerin, but then the effects started to dip after that period.  I am not sure why this was, but I have seen countless online reviews from men who experienced the same thing.  

Procerin is a good supplement initially, but not one for the long-term. 

3.  Viviscal Hair Growth Programme


I like Viviscal, and if I hadn't discovered a different supplement (my number 1) that worked for me, then I would probably be using Viviscal today. 

This supplement contains a good blend of hair beneficiary ingredients that should help you prevent the effects of baldness and thinning hair, without having to worry about the nasty side-effects that come with the harsher medical drugs.  Viviscal acts as a good alternative to drugs like Finasteride. 

I would certainly rank Viviscal in my top 3 hair supplements, purely on its additives and its effectiveness. This is a good supplement, and even though I only tried it for three months, it did a whole lot more for my hair than the previous seven supplements did combined.

2.  Biotin & Saw Palmetto


The major breakthrough I had with my hair was when I discovered just how effective the combination of Biotin and Saw Palmetto was for me.

More tests are needed to back the claims, but key findings from research has suggested that Biotin acts as a hair growth promoter, and Saw Palmetto acts as a hair loss preventer.

The combination of the two has helped me prevent the effects of hair loss and maintain normal, healthy hair growth. 

1.  HR23+ Hair Health Supplement


HR23+ is a potent supplement designed to prevent hair loss in men and women suffering from early stages of baldness and thinning hair.  I have been taking this supplement for nearly three years, and I couldn't be happier with it. 

I discovered this supplement shortly after its release back in 2015, and I must admit, I didn't hold out much hope for it, especially after my previous disappointments.  But I decided to give it a try anyway, as I noticed it had a very good blend of ingredients. 

I started noticing results from HR23+ almost instantly, with much less hair falling out. After around three weeks I noticed my hair getting thicker, and then a couple of months in, I saw baby hairs sprouting at my receding temples. 

As the months have gone by, I am gradually seeing more and more improvements in my hair from taking HR23+.  My hair seems to look and feel better with every passing year, and I owe it mainly to this hair supplement.  It would take a miracle sure to get me off this supplement.

No comments:

Post a Comment