9.7.18

Why Summer is Bad for Your Hair


Why is summer season so bad for our hair?


For those of you who live in the UK like me, you'll be aware that we're in the middle of a great big heatwave, and it's set to continue for most of the summer.  Most people are revelling in the sunshine (not something we get an awful lot of here in England), but I can't stand summer season, and here's why... 

Yes, summer is a happy time of year, especially when the sun is out and our football team is doing well in the world cup, but for all its advantages, the main fact remains - the hotter months of the year are the most damaging to our hair. 

I have long been a sufferer of seasonal shedding, and although this is a perfectly normal phase that 99% of humans go through, it still isn't ideal, especially if, like me, you are already prone to losing your hair. 

When is seasonal shedding most common?


I should clarify that seasonal hair loss is slightly different for everyone - so for example, some people suffer from severe shedding around autumn season, and others may suffer from hair fall during the spring season.

Winter tends to be the season when we are least likely to shed hair, but summer season is a bit of a mixed bag.  For me, summer is the worst season for shedding, along with autumn maybe.

How to counter seasonal shedding?


Now, don't be too concerned, because seasonal shedding isn't the end of the world for most of us. As we shed, we actually regrow new hairs as a replacement for the strands we lose.  However, if we do not regrow new strands while we are shedding, that's when the problem begins.

As many of you will already know, I counter baldness with a couple of hair products, including the hair supplement, HR23+, which has worked wonders for my hair.  Without treating the issue, goodness knows how much more hair I'd have lost over the summers in particular. 

If you are prone to summer shedding like me, then you'll only need to act if you also suffer from male pattern baldness, as I have done for the past six or seven years.  Act by treating the problem at the root of the cause. 

Based on my results, I would recommend a treatment plan of Minoxidil (twice a day), Argan Oil Shampoo (three times a week), HR23+ supplement (four capsules per day), with perhaps an extra dosage of Biotin (one tablets a day).


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your excellent topic. I am so happy to read your informative blog .
    men's hair pieces

    ReplyDelete