19.5.15

Alpecin C1 Hair Energizer Review


My rating: 

Alpecin C1 is the fastest selling hair loss treatment shampoo across Europe - or so the commercial tells us. I was quite keen to get to get my hands on this product, as I wanted to know how effective the caffeine could be for stopping my balding. 

For about £5, there wasn't really much to lose, so I purchased a bottle from my local Sainsbury's supermarket and put it to the test that evening. 

If I'm completely honest, I wasn't all that impressed with Alpecin C1 shampoo. It had its positives but it certainly wasn't short on its negatives too. I used Aplecin C1 for about four weeks, and the results remained the same from the first application to the last. 

The texture and consistency of this shampoo felt good, and it lathered pretty well too. The instructions on the bottle state to leave the formula in your hair for at least a couple of minutes before washing out, which I did. I loved the way the shampoo felt when it was lathered and sinking into my hair. It felt fresh with a slight chilly tingle, which kind of set it apart from other shampoos I had tried before.


Now for the negatives. This shampoo did not in any way shape or form slow down or stop my hair loss, and it certainly didn't have any effect growing new hair. But this wasn't all that surprising for a product that costs just £5. I also didn't like the way my hair felt after using Alpecin C1. My hair felt flat, greasy and thin, which surprised me as I was expecting the complete opposite from this type of product. 

I have tried some of the other Alpecin shampoos in this range, and I'll be posting my reviews on them soon.

Here is my full breakdown of Alpecin C1, based over a four week treatment period:

Prevention of hair loss: No hair loss prevention.
Promotion of hair growth: No new hair growth. 
Hair thickness & density: Left hair feeling thinner, but provided a refreshing wash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment